With the best features and technology, McAfee has become one of the most reliable and trustworthy antivirus software. There are many people who used the services of McAfee security software. McAfee provides security to the system that helps one to protect the system. It detects threats such as Trojans, malware, virus, worms, and other cyber threats, and keep your data save from all these cyber threats.
Despite being a reliable software McAfee still time and again show some error. And Mcafee won’t scan issue is one of them. So, in case you are facing this issue, read our full article and get rid of your issue. The article provides you complete guidelines to fix your Mcafee won’t scan issue.
Causes of McAfee won’t Scan Error
- Due to the large file, you face a problem with McAfee.
- Corrupted and Damaged file is also responsible for the McAfee issue.
- In case your files are missing, then also you come across this McAfee antivirus problem.
- Outdated software also causes the McAfee antivirus software error.
Contact +1 (718) 618-9816 for McAfee Antivirus Support
Methods to Fix McAfee won’t Scan Issue
Now, look at some basic solutions to fix mcafee won’t scan error.
Method 1: Reboot your system
The first and immediate method you can try to fix the error is to reboot your system. Rebooting the system will end all unnecessary processes and restart your system. It may solve the issue. And if this method will not able to solve your mcafee won’t scan error, then proceed further.
Also Check – McAfee won’t open on Windows 10
Method 2: Start Windows in safe mode
The next solution you can try is starting Windows in safe mode. Here are the steps to it.
- First of all, you need to check all the basic input and output details.
- In the next step, you are required to press the F8 key.
- This will open different options to run your windows operating system.
- Here, you need to click on the Safe mode option and complete the process.
- After putting the system in safe mode, start the McAfee scanning process.
- Once this process is finished, start your system in normal mode again.
- This process may resolve your mcafee won’t scan error and if not, check the next solution.
Method 3: Update the McAfee antivirus software
There are chances that your software is outdated, and because of that, you are encountering the mcafee won’t scan error. So, to troubleshoot the error, you need to update your software. And while updating your software, make sure you are using an active and good strength network connection. You need to follow the given steps to update your McAfee antivirus software.
- To update the McAfee antivirus software, go to the M-Shield icon and right-click on it.
- Click on the Check For Updates option.
- If there is any update available, wait until it installs on your system.
- Restart your system to check if the Mcafee Virus Scan is not Working resolves.
- When you restart your system, the McAfee antivirus program will also restart.
Method 4: Reinstall of McAfee antivirus program
If you are still not able to solve the issue, then uninstall McAfee antivirus and reinstall it. You need to go through the given steps to reinstall the McAfee cyber-security software.
- Initially, you need to go to the control panel and select the program and features option.
- In the next step, click on the McAfee antivirus software option.
- Now, you need to select the uninstall option.
- And then, you need to follow the guidelines to uninstall the McAfee software.
- Also, restart your system after that.
- Next, after uninstalling the software, go to the McAfee official website and login with credentials.
- Last, you need to download the .exe file and double click on it. Follow the guideline to install the McAfee antivirus software.
Also See – McAfee Installation Error Code 0
Method 5: Enable McAfee access protection
- First of all, open your McAfee antivirus on your system.
- In the next step, go to the navigation menu.
- Here, you need to General Settings and alerts option.
- Under the Access protection option, check the checkbox near the Use Access Protection checkbox.
- Last, you need to click on the Apply button.
We hope that all these given methods will help you to fix your Mcafee won’t scan issue. These given methods are effective in troubleshooting the error. So, follow every solution correctly and properly. But in case you won’t find them effective to resolve your issue, contact McAfee customer care. You can dial our McAfee support number to get in touch with our expert. They will provide guidelines and help you to get rid of the McAfee antivirus error. So, feel free to get in touch with our McAfee experts to get the best assistance.