As you know, in order to protect the system, we need reliable and trustworthy antivirus software. McAfee is one of the reliable anti-virus software. It protects your system from malware, virus, and spam documents. It detects malicious software and removes them. It runs in the background, and it detects the threat and removes it from the system.
Nonetheless, it is reliable antivirus software, but it also shows some errors while using it. McAfee error 12152 is one of the errors which you can encounter while using the McAfee antivirus software. Due to the error, you may face various troubles. So, read our article.
Our article will provide the users with full detail regarding the issue. So, to know the full detail about the error, read the article properly.
Contact +1 (718) 618-9816 for McAfee Antivirus Support
What is McAfee Error 12152
Nowadays, internet threat is very high. Many people use the computer, and to protect the system from dangerous threats, one can need antivirus software. You need to protect your personal as well as professional data from malicious threats. And if a malicious threat attacks your software, then it will harm you.
McAfee error 12152 usually occurs when you are installing the program. It is a bit of a critical error. Here are the symptoms of the error.
- The computer may freeze for a second
- And due to this error, your active program will crash, and your system start behaving slowly and sluggish.
- Frequent crashes while running the program
- The system does not respond to keyboard and mouse
Reasons behind the McAfee Error 12152
- If you are facing mcafee error 12152, then, first of all, check your internet connection. Often internet connection is the primary cause of the problem
- In case your Windows registry is corrupted, then also this problem occurs.
- If any file is missing from McAfee download packages, then also this McAfee error occurs.
- Many times runtime problems also responsible for the error 12152.
- Missing of McAfee antivirus related file is one of the reasons for the error.
- Any Trojans, malware, or virus infection corrupted the Windows system files or antivirus program files
So, all these are some possible factors responsible for the McAfee error 12152. If you are encountering this issue, then read the solutions given below. They might help you out.
How to fix the McAfee error 12152
Method 1: Use the Preinstall tool
- To start the process, you need to go to a browser
- In the next step, download the preinstall tool.
- Click to run the preinstall tool setup file.
- And then, you need to follow the instructions to complete the process.
- Click on the OK option.
- Last, you need to restart your device.
Also See – McAfee Installation Error Code 0
Method 2: Uninstall previous antivirus or security tool
If you are installing any other security system on your system, then you need to check the previous tools installed. And if you have previously installed tools, you are required to uninstall them. To do so, you need to go through the given instructions. While following the steps, make sure your internet connection is working fine and stable.
- Initially, you need to open the control panel.
- In the next step, select the programs and features option.
- Now, you need to uninstall the old security program from the list of products.
- You need to wait until the uninstall process is complete.
- Last, you can reinstall the McAfee antivirus software on your device.
Method 3: Check your Windows registry
Many times, your corrupted Windows registry is also causing you mcafee error 12152. So, if this is the case, you need to check your registry and repair them.
Method 4: Manual troubleshooting
You can also try the given solutions to fix your McAfee error.
- Firstly, you need to run a full malware scan for your system.
- Also, clean your system junk files, temporary files, and folders
- Update your PC device drivers.
- If you recently change anything in your system, then undo the changes and then check your McAfee error.
- Uninstall and reinstall the McAfee antivirus program
- Check windows system file checker
- Install all windows updates and perform a clean installation of windows
Also See – McAfee Antivirus Apache Error 3299
We hope with the given solutions, you can able to troubleshoot your McAfee error 12152. With the help of these methods, fix your issues as these are easily understandable solutions. You can easily follow the methods.
But in case you are not able to fix your McAfee error, then you can contact the experts. The professionals will guide you properly to solve your issues. So, if you are facing any trouble with your McAfee antivirus software, get in touch with the executives. They will instantly solve your McAfee error.