Norton is security software that shields the system protection from the online threats and dangers like malware, virus, trojans, worms, and many more. Norton deeps scan the system and detect the malware and virus and remove it from the system. It maintains the complete protection to the system and helps your data to keep it safe and secure. It quickly scans your system and maintains system security.
But sometimes the users face Norton error during a quick scan which is very annoying and frustrating as it interrupts the system safety. It can happen due to ti some technical glitches. A user may confront some error in the middle of the scanning process, and because of this your system security compromises.
Symptoms of the Norton error during a quick scan
Whenever the issue occurs, a user will face these symptoms:
- The user system shows the “You are at Risk Error Message”.
- The server is temporarily down.
- The scanning process stops in midway and won’t scan the files.
- The process of Quick Scan will not complete.
- Your system is infected by the viruses and malware that might block or stops the process of scanning
- Outdated Norton version.
Reasons for the Norton error during a Quick Scan
There are many reasons for the Norton error during a quick scan. So here, we highlighted some of them. Check them out:
- The issue might occur when your system time is incorrect.
- Another reason for the issue is your outdated or failed update of the antivirus.
- Due to your other security software.
- Because you still have some files of the older version of the Norton. Sometimes, your version is not installed properly, thus face the issue.
- Maybe the server is temporarily down.
- Your system is infected by the virus or other online threats.
Methods to fix the Norton error during a quick scan
The methods to fix the Norton error during a quick scan are:
- Firstly, close all your programs and then restart your system.
- In the next step, you need to start the full system scan.
- Now, a user needs to open the Norton software.
- Start Norton software and open the Main window.
- And then, a user is required to click on the security option.
- After that, a user needs to click on the Scan option.
- A user needs to click on the Full System Scan option.
- A user is required to choose the Go option.
- After the scanning process completed, a user needs to click on the Finish button.
Other Ways to Solve this Issue
- Choose the start button and then go to Control Panel.
- In the next step, a user needs to open the program.
- Now, a user needs to open the program and Features option.
- Then, a user needs to choose the Norton program form the list.
- After that, a user needs to choose the change or remove the button.
- Afterward, a user needs to click on the Repair option available.
- A user needs to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Last, a user needs to restart the system.
Dial +1 (718) 618-9816 for Toll-Free Antivirus Helpline
These methods will solve your Norton error during a quick scan. And we hope you face no glitches while using the Norton software and use your system smoothly. In case of any issue, a user can get in touch with the Norton Support desk at +1 (718) 618-9816 for the best and suitable response. The team is very hard-working, and they will solve all the Noton issue with the easiest and effective method.
To use the service of the Norton power eraser, a user needs to select the Scan for Risk option. After that, restart your system and then start the scanning process. But many times, users face issues while doing this. So to fix the issue, a user needs to exit all the programs and also remove the unwanted or duplicate files from the system. Also, you need to run the program into a safe mode.
Norton software is completely compatible with the Mac. However, in some cases, the user faces the issue of Norton not working on Mac. Reinstall the Norton software, RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool is some ways which you can use to fix your Norton not working on Mac issue.
The issue arises due to the driver or hardware problem and also when your system is infected by the virus or malware. So to fix the error, repair your corrupt files, and also go to your Norton software and choose the properties option. And if there any issue, you need to remove the program.