Norton offers the best security to the system. It detects suspicious activities and helps the system to stay protected from cyber threats. Our system remains vulnerable to cyber threats if you don’t have any antivirus software in our system. And Norton provides the best protection to the system. However, while using the Norton antivirus software, there are chances that a user confronts many Norton issues. One of the Norton issues is Norton error 138. This issue occurs when your Norton 360 crashes or fails.
Reasons for the Norton error 138?
The reasons for the Norton error 138 are Virus infection, the problem with memory, and Bad graphics driver. The issue also occurs when there are incompatible software running in the system. A user can face the Norton error 138 without any warning. The error shows up anytime.
Solutions to fixing the Norton error 138?
If a user can come across the Norton error 138, then it is required for the users to fix it without wasting further time. As delay causes more trouble to the users and the system data. So, follow the given methods.
Check for Conflicting programs
Your conflicting programs might be the cause of your Norton error 138. So a user needs to fix the issue of the conflicting program to fix the error. Here are the steps to it.
- First, a user is required to open the Task Manager.
- It will show the program lists.
- Now, a user must go to the Processes tab and stop the programs.
- A user needs to stop the program one by one.
- Then, a user is required to check that they still face the error message.
And once the user locates which program is causing the issue, then a user needs to do the required changes.
Update or Reinstall Conflicting Program
- For window 7, move to the Start Button
- And then select Control Panel.
- Here, uninstall a program.
- For Windows 8, go to the Start Button, and then go to the More Settings option.
- Here, select Control Panel and then uninstall the program.
- If you are using Windows 10, all you need to do is to type the Control Panel and then Uninstall a program.
- Click the problem program and choose the Update or Uninstall option.
- If you chose to update, then follow on-screen instructions to update the program.
- And if you chose the Uninstall option, then you are required to re-install the program.
Start Disk Clean up
Your low free space is also responsible for the Norton error 138. So to fix the issue, clean your space.
- A user can clear the Cache and then reboot the device
- Clean space on your hard drive.
- A user can also start Disk Cleanup. For this, start the explorer window.
- Right-click on the main directory and then choose Properties.
- Last, click Disk Cleanup.
Check for Graphics Driver
There are chances that this issue arises due to the bad graphic driver. So here are the steps of it.
- A user is required to open the Device Manager.
- In the next step, a user needs to look for the graphics driver.
- Now, right-click on it and then uninstall it.
- Last, a user needs to restart the computer.
Check your Internet Explorer
In any case, this issue occurs due to your internet explorer. In this case, a user needs to reset the Internet Explorer. The process of resetting the browser varies according to your operating system.
Contact +1 (718) 618-9816 for Antivirus Support
We hope these methods will help the users to fix the Norton error 138. Norton offers your system the best protection from malware, viruses, worms, and cyber threats. And in case of errors, you need to fix to timely. A user can contact the Norton Support at +1 (718) 618-9816 for the help of Norton experts or the user can also get in touch with experts through our live chat support.
There are a few methods that a user can try to fix when Norton won’t open. One of the ways to solve the issue is to download the Remove and Reinstall tool. The tool will help you to uninstall and reinstall the program.
If you are facing the issue of signing in Norton Account, then you need to restart the system. And in case, the issue remains, you need to wait for an hour, and then you need to sign in again.
To log in to the Norton Antivirus account, a user need to enter the password and the email address in sign in the account.