McAfee is a cyber-security software that protects the system from online dangers and threats. It secures the PC safety and eradicates the malware, viruses, and other threats. Well, sometimes, when the user opens the McAfee on Windows 10, then it won’t open or show some issues or problems.
And due to McAfee won’t open on Windows 10, a user will not able to use the McAfee antivirus application. Additionally, it will hamper the system security, and the situations can be risky.
Reasons for the McAfee won’t open on Windows 10 Issue
- Due to the outdated version of McAfee antivirus software
- Another security software also causes the issue.
- Faulty or corrupted McAfee files
- Malware or virus infection
- Enable Windows Defender Firewall
- Stop the McAfee antivirus service.
- Due to the outdated Operating System
Contact +1 (718) 618-9816 for Antivirus Support
McAfee won’t open on Windows 10 Solutions
So, here are some solutions which a user can try to fix the McAfee won’t open on Windows 10 Issue. So just go through the solutions for a better understanding of the whole issue or solutions.
Solution 1: Uninstall the McAfee and Reinstall the McAfee antivirus
If the issue occurs, first uninstall the McAfee antivirus and then reinstall it. It will help the users out to fix the issue. Check the given instructions.
- Go to the Start button and press the Settings option.
- Click on the Apps section and then press the Apps & Features option.
- Here, look for the McAfee antivirus application and select it.
- Now, a user needs to uninstall it.
- After uninstalling this application, reinstall it.
- A user can reinstall it from the official website of the McAfee.
- Here search for the latest version of the McAfee antivirus application.
- Once you locate it, download it on your system.
- Once the download process is complete, then install it with the proper steps.
- Last, restart your PC.
Solution 2: Update McAfee Antivirus
Sometimes, we forgot to update the McAfee antivirus software with the latest version, and due to this, we face the McAfee won’t open on Windows 10 Issue. So a user must do it as soon as possible. So, go through the steps to it.
- Double-click on the McAfee icon.
- Next, select the PC Security
- Now, choose the Update McAfee App option.
- Select Update McAfee App section.
- Click on the Check for Updates option.
- And if you find any updates, click on the update button.
- It will take a few minutes and then restart your system.
Solution 3: Update the Operating System
Your outdated operating system also causes the McAfee won’t open on Windows 10 Issue. So a user also needs to update the operating system. So, to do so, check out the following steps.
- First, go to the Settings window.
- In the next step, double-click on the Update & Security section.
- Next, click on the Update tab.
- Select Check for update option
- A user needs to select the Update option, if there is any update is available.
Solution 4: Turn off the Windows Defender Firewall
Windows Defender Firewall also responsible for the McAfee won’t open on Windows 10 Issue. So, a user needs to disable it. Check the steps of it.
- Click on the Control Panel option
- Now, double-click on the Windows Firewall option.
- Here, a user needs to turn off the Windows Defender Firewall.
- A user needs to click on the OK option to save the changes.
- Last, reboot the system and check whether the issue still occurs or not.
Solution 5: Disable the other security software
One of the reasons for the McAfee won’t open on Windows 10 Issue is the other security software. So, a user needs to disable the other software, so that you can easily use the McAfee antivirus software. Once you uninstalled the other software, then reboot your system.
We hope that these solutions might have helped you to fix the McAfee won’t open on Windows 10 Issue. however, if the problem still persists, you can McAfee support at +1 (718) 618-9816.
McAfee installer not working issue usually occurs due to the corrupted or missing McAfee files, outdated version of the McAfee antivirus or operating system, and many more. So, in this case, always check your internet connection.
If the issue occurs, first uninstall and then reinstall the McAfee antivirus software on your system. A user must ensure that he reboot the system after the process is complete. It will fix the McAfee not opening issue.
There could be many reasons because of which a user won’t able to install the McAfee antivirus on the system like virus or malware infection, missing or corrupted McAfee antivirus installed files, internet connectivity, or many other reasons.