Avast is one of the renowned and reliable antivirus software. It protects your system from increasing malware and virus attacks. But sometimes, you can experience some errors with Avast which, prevents the smooth functioning of the system.
One of the errors you can experience is avast windows 10 unable to start the firewall. Here, we have talked about this error in detail. So, read the full article to get rid of the error.
Effective methods to fix avast windows 10 unable to start the firewall
Method 1: Conflict Between the Windows Defender and Avast Anti-Virus Firewall
You need to disable the default Windows Defender application as it causes conflict between your Avast antivirus and Window defender application. In case you are using Avast antivirus, then you can’t use Windows Defender at the same time. So, you have to disable the Windows Defender. Here are the steps to do it.
- First of all, you need to start the computer and go to the Control Panel.
- In the next step, click on the System and Security option to open it.
- Now, you are required to select the Windows Firewall option.
- Next, in the new tab, you are required to go to the Windows Firewall On or Off option.
- And then, click on the Turn Off option.
- This process will disable the default Windows Firewall application.
- Last, you need to restart your system.
Method 2: Clear the Registry Entries of your System
There are instances when you face avast windows 10 unable to start firewall error due to the corrupted and damaged registry. So to troubleshoot the error, it is required to clear the registry entries of your system. Often the registry entry services might get affected due to the unnecessary accessing of the system.
To clear all those wrong settings from the registry entries, follow the given steps.
- Initially, turn on your system and navigate to the Control Panel of your system.
- In the next step, to open it, you need to click on the System Settings option.
- Now, under the System Settings option, you need to go to the Registry Entry option.
- And then, choose the Registry Entry option.
- Under the Registry Entry option, you need to set the Registry Entries to its Default Settings.
- Now, you need to restart your system.
- After that, check your Windows 10 system to verify that the issue is fixed or not. And if not, then proceed further.
Method 3: Clear the Malware Programs
Avast Windows 10 unable to start firewall also occur due to the malware and virus attack. Moreover, virus and malware attacks slow down your computer and laptop speed. It is required to remove these types of malicious threats and dangers from the system. You can follow the given steps to complete the process.
- At first, scan your Windows 10 system by launching the Troubleshoot tool.
- Once you launch the Troubleshoot tool, it will detect all the forsaken programs and files on your Windows 10 Operating System.
- After detecting, the tool will delete those programs and files automatically.
- Last, you are required to restart your system.
Also See – Can’t turn on Avast firewall windows 10
Method 4: Repair the Avast Antivirus Application
- At first, go to the Control Panel of your system.
- In the next step, you need to click on the Programs option under the Control Panel of your system.
- Now, go to the Programs and Features option under the Programs option.
- Navigate to the Avast antivirus application under the Programs and Features.
- Choose the Repair option to start the repair process.
- Once the above steps are complete, you need to restart your system.
Method 5: Perform a Clean Reinstall Process of the Avast Antivirus Application
- To start the process, download the updated version of Avast antivirus on your Windows 10 system.
- Also, you need to download the Avast Uninstall Utility along with the Avast program files.
- In the next step, put your system in the Safe Mode.
- After that, run the Avast Uninstall Utility on your Windows 10 system.
- Now, browse for the folder where you want to install the Avast.
- And then, click on the remove option.
- Last, you need to restart your system by booting into the normal startup.
Also See – Avast Background service not Running Issue
We have given you the best and effective methods to fix your avast windows 10 unable to start a firewall issue. We hope you can easily fix your issue by using all these methods. But in case, you are not able to fix the issue, you can get in touch with the Avast experts. The professionals will help you with their best assistance and excellent solutions.