There are times when the user faces some issues with their Avast antivirus. Though Avast is one of the best antivirus software, still, it is not free from the technical glitches. Avast error code 7005 is one of the glitches that the user can come across, and the issue generally occurs due to the corrupted windows registry and the files or documents.
The root cause of this issue is the virus and malware. Once your system gets infected from the virus or other cyber threats, then there are high chances that your system shows the Avast error code 7005.
Some reasons for the Avast error code 7005
- Corrupted files or documents
- Due to other security software
- Due to error in the installation process
- Due to the incompatible version of the window
- Misconfiguration of the Operating System
Symptoms of the Avast error code 7005
- When this error occurs your program crashes
- Your computer starts responding slowly and takes time to respond to commands.
- The system keeps freezing again and again and affects system performance.
So, if you are facing all these things, then you must fix the Avast error code 7005 as soon as possible to continue using your system or software properly and keep your system data safe and secure.
Dial +1 (718) 618-9816 for Avast Antivirus Helpline
Ways to fix the Avast error code 7005
Here, we have mentioned some solutions that help the users to solve their Avast error code 7005. So, have a look.
Solution 1: Check your corrupted registry
If your system is facing the Avast error code 7005 due to the corrupted registry, then a user needs to repair the corrupted registry files. So, go through the given steps.
- First, you need to insert a Windows setup CD and then restart the system.
- In the next step, a user needs to press the ‘R’ key on the keyboard to access the Repair console.
- If prompted, enter your administrator password.
- Now, you need to click on the corrupted registry files.
- Then, it is required to click on the Backup button.
- Choose the delete option to delete your corrupted registry files.
- After that, you need to press the Exit button and take out the CD.
- Restart your system and press F8.
- On Startup options, go to the Tools option.
- Click on the Folder option.
- Here, expand the hidden files or folders.
- Last, ensures you restart your system.
Solution 2: Scan your System
In case your system is infected by the virus and malware, then try this solution to fix your issue.
- To do this, first, you need to download the proper scanning tool on your system.
- In the next step, you need to double-click on it to run the file.
- Now, you need to scan the system for viruses or other cyber threats.
- And if you come across from the scanning result that whether any cyber-threat present on your system or not.
- And if there, then you need to use the antimalware tools to remove it from the system.
- Last, restart your system.
Solution 3: Uninstall other Security Software
There are instances when the Avast error code 7005 occurs due to the other security software available in the system. And to fix the error, you need to uninstall the other security software.
- First, click on the Control Panel.
- Choose programs.
- Click on the Programs and Features option.
- Now, click on the security software.
- Then, select the Uninstall option and then click on the Yes option.
- After that, you need to follow the on-screen instruction to complete the uninstallation process.
- Last, you need to restart the device.
Solution 4: Reinstall the Avast Antivirus Software
So, another way to solve the Avast error code 7005 is by reinstalling the Avast software. So, a user needs to uninstall the antivirus software and then reinstall the software by following the proper installation process.
The installation process of Avast antivirus is not at all difficult as it seems. So, first, a user needs to navigate to the official Avast website. Here a user needs to download the avast antivirus. After that, a user needs to double-click on the file. Last, click on the install button to complete the process.
If you purchased the avast premium from the avast store, then the subscription will be activated automatically. And if not, then you need to do it manually, there are two ways through which a user can activate the paid subscription.
• Avast account
• Activation code
• To check your subscription expiry date, you need to open the Avast cleanup premium.
• Go to the menu and select the ‘My license’ option.
Here you will get to know all yours’ subscription package like your expiry date, subscription duration, and other things.