When it comes to the antivirus, Avast is one of the best choices of the users for their system protection.
But a user may encounter some issues or technical glitches with the Avast antivirus that interrupts their smooth and proper working of the Avast antivirus. One such issue is avast background service not running, and because of it, Avast cannot able to scan or detect suspicious activities on your system.
The error generally occurs along with the ‘Start Now’ and ‘Resolve all’ options. So, in case you are facing the avast background service not running issue, go through the below-given some methods.
Follow the step by step, and you will be able to get rid of your issue.
Dial +1 (718) 618-9816 for Avast Antivirus Helpline
Method 1: Update Avast Software
Whenever you face the avast background service not running issue, try to update it. Here are the steps in it. So, follow them and solve your issue.
- Open settings and tap on the ‘Apps & Features option.’
- Look for the Avast software.
- And open it by tapping on the icon.
- Now, you must click on the Modify option and then click on the Yes button.
- Then, you need to open the Avast application.
- After that, you need to search for the Upgrade option.
- And then, you need to select the Update option.
- You must Restart the system and check if the issue still occurs.
Method 2: Run a Smart Scan
- Initially, open your Avast and then choose the Protection button.
- Here, you need to select to scan all the devices.
- Now, you need to tap on the Run Smart Scan option and wait for a few minutes to complete the scan.
- Then, click on the Resolve all option to fix the error.
- Last, it is required to restart the system.
Method 3: Reinstall Avast Antivirus Software
- Begin your process by clicking on the setting menu.
- Here, you need to click on the Apps & Features option.
- Now, look for your Avast antivirus and uninstall it.
- Then, you need to go to the official website of Avast software, and here you need to download the latest version.
- After the download process is completed, start the installation process.
Method 4: Repair Avast Antivirus
- Open the Settings and go to the Apps.
- Here, you need to click on the Apps and Features option.
- Now, you need to look for the Avast antivirus icon and select it.
- Then, it is required to click on the Modify button and select Yes.
- After that, the avast window will open, and here click on the Repair option.
- Last, you need to restart the system.
Method 5: Run Automatic Startup
- First, go to the Start button and here type services.msc on the search bar.
- In the next step, click on the services option.
- Look for the Avast Antivirus icon and choose on the properties window.
- Open the Startup type section and set it to automatic.
- Last, reboot your system so that changes may take place.
We hope that these methods will solve the avast background service, not running issues or problems. However, if the problem still persists, you can contact Avast Antivirus Support team at +1 (718) 618-9816.
The reason for this issue can be the corrupted, outdated, or missing program. So to fix the issue, you need to reinstall the software or use the Avast Setup wizard. Repair your avast antivirus, it will reset your software.
To update your avast antivirus, open your Avast software, and tap on the Settings. After that, you need to choose the update button. It is how you can update your avast antivirus software. But some user face the issues again and again in the updating process, to tackle this situation, we advised you to contact Avast Support desk. The executives will give you effective solutions to fix the error.
• To start the process, you need to go to the Avast website.
• Here, you need to click on the free download option.
• Once the download process completes, you need to install it.
• Double-click on the downloaded files and click on the install button.
• A user needs to select continue to complete the process.
• Last, open Avast and do the on-screen instruction to complete the setup process.